Wednesday, May 12, 2010

est., Sydney (March into Merivale)

My friend organised a foodies lunch at est. to try their March into Merivale menu. The menu has 3 choices: veal, chicken or fish. We have also ordered the entree and dessert to follow. (Unfortunately, due to short lunch hour, I cannot try the desserts!)
Their interesting cutlery.
We started with entree joselito jamon “iberico de bellota”, chick pea and tomato puree, black olive bread twigs. This is a very interesting dish, never thought chick pea can be so tasty!
The second entree that we shared is nage of lobster claw, scampi, moreton bay bug, cucumber, peas, ginger and lime. It is a very refreshing combination.
Waited not long our main arrives... I had pan roasted fillet of mulloway, eggplant caponata. The fish is cooked in perfection, just right!!
The other main is fillet of veal, mushrooms, garlic, tarragon. The veal is so tender!! Yummy... what a satisfying lunch!! My friends are continuing with their dessert while I have to leave. :( Thanks for inviting me to a wonderful lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment