Friday, November 13, 2009

High Tea at The Observatory Hotel

As suggested by one of the bridesmaid, we spent our gift from the groom to treat ourselves with something nice. So we decided to spend it on High Tea. We would love to try the Gunner's Barracks, unfortunately they require at least 3 months in advance booking for a weekend. The second choice is The Observatory Hotel which only needs 3 weeks in advance. :)

On the day, I was late for about half an hour and embarrassingly I didn't have coins for the meter parking!!! Thank you Miss J. :) We were seated at the Galileo Restaurant area. We were told that they have limited supply of tea pots which we have to share our tea among the 2 of us!!! Hence, we can only try 3 different type of teas. They are Ceylon, Sencha and Jasmine. The tea selection is also limited.
3 Tier Stand

Our 3 tier stand arrived and as always we start taking photos. One of the waitress has told us, "These food are to be eaten as well!" :) The bottom level is three different kind of sandwiches. The middle level is all the sweets and the top level is 2 different kind of scones.
Sandwiches: Ham & Cheese; Egg and others

Pastry

I have started off with the sandwiches. These are pretty average sandwiches. There is one particular kind which I dont really like.
Scones: Plain; the other with raisin

Strawberry jam with real fruit
The scones are not as fluffy as I like. However, I really love the real fruit strawberry jam! It's so tasty.
Various desserts

Saving the gooddies to the last! The sweets are so colourful and I dont know where to start!! The sweets are not as tasty as they look. I was hoping the panna cotta will taste good. However, almond flavour panna cotta is not my cup of tea.

Although the food might not be as good as I expected, but having a good time with my friends count!!

Note: High tea is served daily from 2:30pm to 5pm weekdays and from 2pm to 4:30pm weekends. Booking is essential.

The Observatory Hotel
89 - 113 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone 02 9256 2215

No comments:

Post a Comment