Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rockpool Bar & Grill, Sydney

My friend and I have been searching for the Best Burger around the city. We have been to a few others, Plan B, Burger Bun and there was one at The Rocks which is now closed. This time we went to Rockpool Bar & Grill Sydney to try their famous full blood wagyu hamburger.

When we were there, we were not sure if the bar entrance is the same as the restaurant? So we walked into the restaurant and ask. The bar entrance is actually inside the restaurant! We settled ourselves in the bar. The setting is different to the bar which I normally go. It provides full table service for your order from drinks to food.

Since it's a work day, we quickly decided and ordered our food and non-alcoholic drink. May be the kitchen is the same as the restaurant, we have been waited a bit of time for our food? I have almost finished my drink, La Palomita, which is quite refreshing but it is not for someone who cant handle sourness. 


David Blackmore’s Full Blood Wagyu Hamburger with Bacon, Gruyere Cheese and Zuni Pickle

Our long waited wagyu hamburger finally came! The burger is so thick which I have to cut it in half before I took my bite. The brioche bun has been slightly toasted. The wagyu patty is quite juicy. I first thought that the wagyu patty will be quite oily due to the high level of fat. The pickle has balanced off the oiliness. The chutney added the sweetness to the burger overall. I had a very satisfying lunch and thank you my dear friend. No wonder this burger is the best burger as voted by Time Out Magazine.


Rockpool Bar & Grill Sydney
66 Hunter Street
Sydney NSW 2000

(02) 8708 1900

No comments:

Post a Comment