Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tara Tea Room, The Rocks

I was busy shopping at The Rocks Market and started to feel a bit tired. I think I will need to find a place to sit down and relax. I saw this heritage terrace with a sign saying "scones out of the oven". The clock on the sign is striking now and this is it! :) 

You have to walk pass a long hallway toward the end and found this cosy tea room behind an Irish gift shop. Settling at a table and scanning through their menu. It is either Devonshire Tea or a Tasting Basket for 2. There are a lot of teas to choose from and they have a variety of coffees too.
Tasting Basket for Two
I picked the tasting basket as it has 5 scones in the basket. Their scones are fluffy and soft with crusty outer. Their homemade jam is great compliment to these scones. I love it.
Teapot with Tea Cosy
I have also ordered a variety of loose leaf tea and herbal fusion. I love how they "dress up" their teapot to serve. Each one has a tea cosy and their colour represent a different type of tea which ordered.

It is a good choice to wind down shopping at the market earlier. :p

Tara Tea Room
33 George Street
The Rocks NSW
(02) 9247 3233

No comments:

Post a Comment