Sunday, September 26, 2010

Private Kitchen - Duck Degustation

My chef friend organised and prepared a duck degustation for us today. It was such a wonderful experience. Everything is to its perfection!!

 Our Sitting

Here are the sample of his menu. I guess it's only him who can understand all these. :)

 Our Menu of The Day


Before we started, there was bread and the butter is so tasty which I cant stop myself eating!!! :O 


Sourdough & Yummy Butter

We started off with Duck Neck Sausage with Mushroom Broth. The crushed pistachio nuts made the sausage not as flat.


Duck Neck Sausage with Enoki Mushroom Broth


Following the sausage, we had the Duck Breast Salad. The blood orange doesnt look bloody to me!! hahaha... It is quite a refreshing dish getting us ready for the main. 


Duck Breast Salad with Fig, Blood Orange and Orange Aioli

Our main is the Duck Confit with Lentil and Sour Cherry. It is an interesting combination. Although I am not fond of cherry, but it is a very nice combination. We also had salad and roasted rosemary potatoes as side!! I just cant stopped myself munching all these in.


Duck Confit with Lentil and Sour Cherry


Salad and Roasted Rosemary Potatoes


Without prior knowledge, I should not eaten too much of the side... we still have Cheese Platter before our dessert! :O I forgotten what's the cheese we had... but I really like that softer type over the hard cheese with the strong truffle taste.


Cheese Platter with Apple Watercrest and Guava Paste



Finally the long waited Vanilla Bean and Duck Egg Brulee with Truffle Honey and Hazelnut Praline. This is actually in his restaurant menu!!! :) I can only use these words to sum it up... Wah... the amazing!! 

 Vanilla Bean and Duck Egg Brulee with Truffle Honey and Hazelnut Praline


We are not stopping yet... there were still macarons, petit four and greentea puff!! We all went home with a full stomach!!



Macarons

 Petit Four

 Greentea Puff

No comments:

Post a Comment